Every great athlete studies the game and the other athletes. If you want to live your best life now, you need to do the same. You need to find others who have already arrived at the goals you’ve set for yourself and study them and their businesses.
You need to be attentive.
Don’t get distracted. Stay alert and stay focused. Be purposeful in your pursuits. Dig in deep to really understand the industry you’re in and the role you play in it.
Before jumping into any business, learn the economics of that business. Discover the inner workings of it. You have to take the time to learn what makes the business work. Here are a few examples of people who have done just that, people who have made the industry work for them. Success leaves clues, so pay close attention because the little things do matter.
How Attentive Are You?
- Are you aware of your surroundings?
- Do you have clear goals and a clear strategy to get you toward them?
- Do you know who has already achieved what you’re setting out to do, and are you closely following them?
- Do you know what your target market needs, and do you have a solution?
If you have clear answers to the above questions, then congratulations – you’re on track! Keep up that focus, remain consistent in your approach, and continue learning along the way. Success will soon follow.
If you don’t have clear answers, then you need to regroup. You need to find the answers to the questions above and realign your strategy accordingly.
Tips to Stay Focused
Being aware, focused, and free of distraction is a skill you can acquire. Following are a few steps to help you get on the right track:
- Know your goals. Make sure they’re clear and concise. Keep them at the forefront of your mind. Write them on sticky notes and place them all over your house if necessary.
- Only focus on two or three important tasks a day. Consolidate and delegate your to-do list in order to focus on what’s most important.
- Remove external distractions. Turn off the modem, the TV, and the phone if they aren’t necessary to the task at hand. Laser in your focus on your goals.
- Learn to say no to things that are not in line with your goals. Stop being a people pleaser. This will open you up to say yes to bigger and better things.
Your success is in your hands. Only you can take the necessary steps to achieve your dreams. Don’t be the one who derails them.